Sunday, January 2, 2011

Welcome to 2011 Everybody!

I hope everybodys year is off to a wonderful start! Mine is off to a quiet start, but that is soon to change. We leave for Costa Rica in a short 20 days. Hard to believe that I will be reuniting with my 3 best friends that I have not see in 9 years. We have been planning this trip for over a year now and its actually happening. I will never forget the day we all bought our tickets--I was grinning ear to ear. Its going to be wonderful. They will all be meeting Mike for the first time. I will be introducing him as my fiance instead of my boyfriend! (I had to throw that in there!)

As far as wedding planning goes--where do I even begin. Mike and I will be paying for the wedding so some ideas on how to stay in budget would be great! We have talked and all I seem to get out of Mike is "it is your day!" Makes me laugh. I have been doing some research and I am hoping that we will be able to have the wedding on Mackinac Island. The Grand Hotel is the ideal wedding spot in my mind! We shall see if it works out. I have been making check lists and trying to figure out the best route to follow when planning a wedding. I get all nervous just thinking about it!

Well I have to get working on my teaching philosophy--Hope to write some more this evening.

Happy 2011 Everybody

PS. 2 goals for 2011
1) hike a 14er
2) run the 1/2 marathon in june in estes park. I will keep you updated on all of this!

2 comments:

  1. http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Bridal-Bargains/Denise-Fields/e/9781889392394/?itm=4&USRI=wedding+planning#TABS

    http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Everything-Weddings-on-a-Budget-Book/Barbara-Cameron/e/9781598694185/?itm=2&USRI=wedding+budget

    :) found these

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a great place for the wedding emily. hope i'm invited. will be there if so and the date is when i'm in Charlevoix this year.
    Uncle Don

    ReplyDelete